Stating Your Objectives

July 5, 2017


Download Kinder | Download First | Download Second

In most classrooms it’s required that teachers post the daily objectives they plan to teach that day and place them somewhere visible in the room. This is so admin or other visitors can walk into your room and know what exactly you’re teaching and the standard to which you’re teaching to. These days there are a lot of creative ways to display your objectives and today I am sharing with you the pre-made Common Core aligned objective cards that I’ve used in my own classroom - but now I’m beginning to add these cards in K-6th grade formats!

Quickly check that to-do list!

In the past I have used these objective cards right next to my daily schedule by laminating and placing a magnet on the backs so they stick right to our board, but these objective cards can be used on a bulletin board or even a pocket chart! It’s completely up to you. I personally don’t like wasting precious board space so incorporating it onto my whiteboard next to our schedule made the most sense for my classroom.

Plus, having the objectives already printed off allowed me to quickly swap them out when preparing for the next day and I know they’ll be useful in other classrooms as well! It’s so helpful to find products that don’t take a lot of prep, help in the long run, and allow me to move on to the more important tasks!

Editable!

These cards also include blank cards for reading, writing, and math clip art so that you can write in your own objectives if there are any that differ from the CCS. They feature bold color coded trim so you and your students can differentiate between subjects and include both the CCS written in the top left corner and clearly stated objectives, which are outlined on the CCS website.


Kid-friendly vocabulary.

Each set of cards takes the wording and breaks it down in a more child-friendly way. Why post objectives that have these big words and educational vocabulary that no one but a teacher or principal would know? I love that I can explain to my kiddos during each lesson the objective and check-in with them throughout the lesson to determine whether or not they’re understanding and getting it. Doing this also helps me figure out what I could do better with each lesson and modify it to make it better next time.

I hope these objective cards are a helpful tool for your instruction!

How do you display your standards in the classroom? Share a link to a post or comment below!