What I'm Watching to Survive Quarantine

April 29, 2020


Self-isolation isn't for the faint of heart and if it weren't for us having access to a few creature comforts (like wifi, streaming, and food delivery) I'm not sure I'd be able to take it for longer than a week. I mean, at first it was simply having to get adjusted along with the uncertainty of what distance learning was going to look like and now every day is on repeat with no foreseeable end.

I am going to preface this with the honest truth that I know how lucky I am to be in a position to be "bored" or need something to do during this pandemic. Everyone's situations are hard, and there are extremely hard moments for us at times. But, what keeps me sane and allows me to have a little "me time" has been the ability to watch a few of my favorite shows in between preparing videos, lessons, and materials for distance learning.

With that said, here are my favorite shows I've been binge watching, a few I need to catch up on, and some that I haven't watched yet but am curious about.

Binge-worthy Shows

  • Tiger King (Netflix)
  • The Outsider (HBO)
  • Great British Baking Show (Netflix)
  • Peaky Blinders (Netflix)
  • Westworld, Season 3 (HBO)
  • Always Sunny in Philadelphia (Hulu)
  • The Real Housewives, Shahs of Sunset, Top Chef... (Bravo App)
  • Ozark, Season 3 (Netflix)
  • Ugly Delicious, Season 3 (Netflix)
  • Schitts Creek (Netflix)

Must-See Documentaries

Me when I meet someone new:


I should preface that a LOT of these documentaries are true-crime, so if that's not your thing...feel free to scroll ahead. ;) All are on Netflix unless otherwise noted.

  • Surviving R. Kelly (pt. I and II)
  • Fyre: The Greatest Party That Never Happened
  • Minimalism
  • Hillary (Hulu)
  • Amanda Knox
  • Don't F**k with Cats: Hunting an Internet Killer
  • Amy
  • The Ted Bundy Tapes
  • The Trials of Gabriel Fernandez
  • The Mind of Aaron Hernandez
  • The Inventor (Hulu)

Shows I need to pick back up on...

  • Divorce (HBO)
  • Atypical (Netflix)
  • Greys Anatomy (Hulu)
  • Stranger Things (Netflix)

Shows I'm Curious About

  • Outlander (Netflix)
  • You (Netflix)
  • Dead to Me (Netflix)

As you can tell I've managed to keep myself fairly busy during quarantine. It's been a great way to relax and unwind after a long day of planning and preparing materials for the next week of distance learning!


So, what are you watching?