Fall Break Activity Packet

October 14, 2020

 


This week is our last week before heading into our fall break. I've been so impressed these last couple of months with my students because starting the year the way we've had to has been quite the adjustment...for everyone involved. Nonetheless, they've (and we've) earned this break and it doesn't come at a better time.

Us teachers have been buried under assessments, parent-teacher conferences, and I've personally been preparing for my exit as I'll be moving to Texas in November. So, needless to say it's been quite a busy October!

In order to keep students engaged during our week-long fall break I've created this little activity packet that reviews the key ELA concepts we've been learning thus far in class. It's a great option for parents who are looking for additional work and they are activities students are already familiar with. So, let's take a peek!

Fall Break Activity Packet


This packet is full of great review items! The intent for this packet is for students to have about 1-2 activities a day they could do during break. I don't want to overwhelm them with pages and pages of work - students earn their breaks, too! But, it is a great way to equip parents with knowledge of what students have been working on and be able to assist them with any additional practice.

I don't require that students complete their packets nor do I expect them to return it to school. I definitely don't need that added work, however parents can decide how much students complete during their time away from the classroom!


This year we've begun with everyday exposure of rhyming words, beginning sounds, and alphabet knowledge during our morning meeting (see my Alphafriends Phonics Slides!). Students also get a huge chunk of exposure during our weekly workshop centers.



I hope you all find this resource to be helpful in your own classrooms this upcoming break!