Doubling & Even/Odd Strategies with Eureka Math | Second Grade

January 19, 2020


Hello there!

We've been officially back to school for about 3 weeks now from our winter break and somehow I can't believe we're halfway through the school year. Starting fresh at a brand new school has been both exhilarating and exhausting all at the same time - so apologies for not having the time to get on here and blog as often as I would like.

However, I have been busy with the ever popular modules for Eureka Math. I am so thrilled that so many teachers have loved my other modules and have been begging for more. They can be quite cumbersome to dig through, but I'm happy to announce yet another module is now L-I-V-E over at my TpT shop!

Let's take a peek at Module 6!

Application Sets & Concept Development

https://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Eureka-Math-Module-6-Unit-Second-Grade-5176549

What makes this resource so beneficial to my fellow teachers is the simplicity of the student work pages. My number one complaint about the original workbooks from Eureka Math were there were too many practice problems and the concept development lessons needed more scaffolding. So, inspired by the needs of my classroom and knowing I wanted to incorporate Eureka Math more effectively, I created my own versions of the modules.

Since then, I've been able to supplement my lessons with these student practice pages complete with application problems and visuals to the concept development lessons included in the teacher manual.

Sprints & Fluency Practice


https://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Eureka-Math-Module-6-Unit-Second-Grade-5176549
Sprints and fluency practice are key to each module and are included within this resource! The sheets match exactly to the answer keys provided in the teacher manual so no need to fumble with prep.

Visualized Lessons!

https://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Eureka-Math-Module-6-Unit-Second-Grade-5176549

I know for me I am a visual learner - and teacher! - which means I know I have students who could benefit from seeing the concept development portion of the lesson be a little clearer and with the appropriate scaffolding. Each lesson has easy-to-follow activities that pairs exactly with the concept development.

https://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Eureka-Math-Module-6-Unit-Second-Grade-5176549

Second Grade
First Grade